Force 22 HRD shift-brake levers combine all the great performance of mechanical 11-speed with the performance of a hydraulic disc braking system.
With Srams trademark Reach Adjust as well as improved ergonomics for better finger wrap, the HydroR controls are the touch point for better braking. Srams hydraulic brakes deliver more braking force with less hand effort and better modulation.
Features - Force Shift-Brake Control
- All new design inside and out
- Revised ergonomics for better finger wrap and a revised shifter paddle for improved finger clearance
- Individual Reach Adjust
- Carbon brake levers/ aluminum shift levers
- Low hand force required
- Fully sealed system for no contamination
- Easy bleed access
- Use: Road/Cyclocross
- Group: Force 22
- Gears: 11-speed
- Mount: right (rear)
- Brake-Type: Disc Brake
- Brake mounting: Post-Mount
- Compatible: SRAM RED 22, Force 22 & Rival 22 Yaw™ Rear Derailleurs/ SRAM RED 22, Force 22 & Rival 22 HRR & HRD
- Recommended Group: SRAM Force 22
- Technology Highlights: HydroR/ Yaw™/ DoubleTap™/ Zero-Loss™ on Rear/ ErgoDynamics™ Fit/ Independent E-Z Access Shift-Brake Lever Reach Adjust™
- Brake Fluid: Dot 5.1
- Brake levers: Carbon
- Shift levers: Aluminium
- 1 x SRAM Force 22 Shift-Brake Control (Bulk packaging)
- 1 pair Brake Pads
- 1 x Gearwire
- Brake is assembled and bleeded!
Fastening Screws, Adapter and Disc Rotor are not included!
DoubleTap® makes changing gears easier and faster, eliminating the cumbersome and awkward engagement associated with two-lever systems. DoubleTap handles up- and downshifts in one short, sweeping motion, with minimal effort and maximum comfort no matter where you are on the bars.
Connectamajig™ is the coupling hose that makes initial set-up of hydraulic systems easy, fast and convenient. The intimidation of hydraulics is gone with a push and a twist; it’s just that easy. Connectamajig allows for several disconnects and reconnects before a system bleed is required.
Heat is an enemy of any brake system, so advancements in heat management mean advancements in your ride. We found that in our systems DOT 5.1 takes almost three times longer to boil than DOT 4, thus allowing flawless, fade-free performance in even more extreme conditions.
Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone.
ZeroLoss simply means, well, zero loss—when you push on the lever, for an upshift or down shift, the cable is engaged instantly—zero loss of movement. There is no middle-ground where you're waiting for the shift to come. Gear changes are instant and precise.